These days, interior designers often focus on inoffensive, neutral colour palettes that can generally fit any purpose. This is so that their clients don’t need to worry about the plethora of colour and pattern options available to them, and most stores, restaurants and hotels don’t want to bother with risky colours that could be too loud and distracting.
Unfortunately, this creates a rather boring-looking interior, but there is a fantastic way to add a splash of colour to any commercial location with neutral colour: a statement walls.
What is a Statement Wall?
Statement walls (also sometimes known as accent or feature walls) are a place to let your creativity loose. It’s a wall (or sometimes several walls) on your premises where you can add different splashes of colour, eccentric designs and other wild ideas to contrast against your neutral and safe interior design. It’s a way to make a certain area of your shop, restaurant or hotel stand out and appear more interesting.
However, statement walls can be rather difficult to maintain especially if you venture too far into your creative desires. It’s still a wall, after all, and it will need to be maintained if you want it to stand out against the rest of your commercial premises and keep it looking fantastic. Luckily, there is a solution to this; interior film for commercial use.
What is Interior FIlm?
Interior film is an easy-to-install, easy-to-clean and easy-to-maintain material that is ideal for creating the perfect statement wall in your shop, restaurant, hotel or generally any commercial premises that you can think of. Here are a couple of advantages of using interior film as opposed to changing out a wall.
- Easier to install because it’s a self-adhesive decorative film that can be modified and cut to any size that you need.
- Can be applied to almost any material including wood, steel, painted substrate, plastic, mortar, laminated steel and so on.
- Provides an excellent facade for materials that would otherwise be too heavy or expensive to add such as wooden planks or brick.
- Incredibly durable and able to resist abrasions, scratching and even impacts.
- Can wrap around different shapes due to its flexibility, so it could even be used for more than just walls
- Much more economical choice because it’s easy to install, remove and repair if needed.
- Environmentally friendly due to being heavy metal free and 100% phthalate-free plasticizers.
Interior film is a fantastic tool for interior designers who are working on commercial projects, and it’s so easy to use that even store owners can create statement walls by simply adding these self-adhesive interior films onto any plain walls that you want to transform into a statement wall. It’s inexpensive enough that you can repeat it several times and even change out the interior film depending on the seasons or even your mood.
With so many advantages compared to the alternatives, interior film helps to provide you with a flexible design solution that helps you unleash your creativity without being too costly.